When do we collect information from you?
- when you fill in any contact form or sign-up form on paper or online
- when you contact us by email, text, telephone, letter or online
- when you sign up as a member or volunteer or to an event or a meeting
- when you give us relevant information in conversation with one of our staff or senior volunteers (we may record some brief notes)
What information do we collect?
- name, address, contact details, family details, age, marital status, skills and interests
- payment details related to donations or related to goods or events
- relevant details when you register for conferences or events
- relevant details when you complete other forms to participate in Living Stones activities or charitable work
- information you disclose in e-mails, letters, phone calls, face to face contact
- information about your usage of our website
We may also collect some special categories of information:
- health information relevant to your medical care and/or next of kin details in case of emergency
- dietary requirements relevant to your health & safety
- we operate CCTV cameras on our site for the purpose of monitoring the safety of our staff, visitors and property. We use these images for the prevention, investigation, and detection of crime.
The purposes we keep and process this information are:
- in the interest of conducting and managing our charitable activities to enable us to give you the best church community, events, products and services in the best and most secure environment
- to keep you informed by email, text, phone, letter or other means of communication, about Living Stones news, services, activities, events or funding opportunities relevant to you
- to register users into events, training courses, or other special meetings
- to collect donations and claim Gift Aid
- to manage our community projects or outreach work
- to provide the products or services you have requested from Living Stones
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We will not share your information with others without your consent unless it is:-
- to comply with any legal obligation or if it necessary for law enforcement
- as a necessary part of providing you with our service or products
- to protect our rights, property or safety of our employees or others
- as a necessary part of providing you with our service(s) or contacting you as a supporter – for example, by using an authorized third party mailing house to process our communications
Retaining and Deleting Your Information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is held securely to prevent any breaches. We will keep information only as long as necessary (or until you ask us to remove and destroy it, if earlier) except that we may keep and process:-
- statutory records relating to Gift Aid donations
- payment information in order to process any payment authorized by you
You have the choice to restrict the collection and/or use of your personal information at any time. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access To Your Information And Correction
You have the right to request that we update or correct any information we hold about you. Please contact us using the details below to let us know what needs correcting. Under current legislation, you have the right to request details of the information we hold about you. To help us process your request, please be specific about what information you require. As part of our duty of confidentiality, we may ask you for specific information to help us confirm your identity before releasing any data. We will aim to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 days. We reserve the right to charge a small fee to reflect the administration costs involved should any request be unfounded, excessive or repetitive.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also help to monitor website traffic and to personalize the content of the site for you. You may set up your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our site.
Links To Other Websites
We may occasionally include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to source further information. They do not signify that we endorse the content of other websites and we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting other sites. You should exercise caution and check the privacy statement applicable to the other website(s) you visit.
How To Contact Us
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 0121 356 2575
By post: Data Protection Officer, Living Stones of Birmingham, Unit 1 Tamebridge Industrial Estate, Aldridge Road, Birmingham. B42 2TX
For more information about your legal rights in relation to the information we hold about you, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk.