1. We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments in their original writing, as fully inspired of God and
accept them as the supreme and final authority for faith and the Christian life.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Father, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary and
is both true God and true man.
4. We believe that God created man in His own image; that man sinned and thereby incurred the penalty of sin, which
is death, physically and spiritually and that all human beings thus inherit Adam’s sinful nature. Thus man needed a
saviour and from the age of moral responsibility, mankind is held accountable for transgressions.
5. With regards to sexual behaviour, we believe in heterosexual relationships between a natural man and a natural
woman, within the confines of lawful matrimony. Adherence to this stated principle of sexual behaviour is an
inherent requirement of membership of the LIVING STONES.
6. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, a substitution sacrifice according to the Scriptures and
furthermore, that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
7. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus, His ascension into Heaven, and His present life as our High
Priest, seated at the right hand of God.
8. We believe in the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
9. We believe that all who repent of their sin and receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith, are born again of the Holy
Spirit and thereby become children of God.
10. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit; empowering and equipping believers for service with the
accompanying supernatural gifts. We also believe in the necessity of ongoing fellowship with the Holy Spirit.
11. We believe in the divinely ordained ministries of Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher as gifts to the
12. With regards to submission to authority; we believe in the principle of one standing in authority, because one is
under authority. As such, it is understood that members of LIVING STONES shall be subject to the Pastoral
authority in matters pertaining to church governance, doctrine and personal behaviour.
13. We believe in the resurrection of both the just and the unjust, the eternal life of those who have received Christ as
their personal Lord and Saviour and the eternal ’death’ of those who have rejected the offer of salvation in and by
14. We believe that the one true Church is all of those who have received Christ and who walk according to His
requirements, as lead by the Holy Spirit.
15. We believe that the local church on earth should take its character from the concept of the Church spiritually, and
that the new birth and personal confession of Christ are essential for church membership.
16. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ appointed two ordinances – Baptism in water and the Lord’s Supper – to be
observed as acts of obedience and as perpetual witnesses to the cardinal facts of the Christian faith. That Baptism
is the immersion of the believer in water, as a confession of identification with Christ in burial and resurrection and
that the Lord’s Supper is the partaking of the emblems symbolic of the Saviour’s broken body and shed blood, in
remembrance of His sacrificial death, until He comes.
17. We believe that divine healing was provided for in both the Old and New Testament and is an integral part of the
18. We believe that the Bible teaches that without holiness, no man can see the Lord. We believe in the doctrine of
sanctification as a definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of the new birth and continuing
until the consummation of salvation.